Hibernia College is Ireland’s’ only QQI accredited online college. We specialise in postgraduate and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes for students and professionals across the glove. Our mission is to make a significant contribution to the development and access to innovative education. We seek to recruit an Academic Administrator in our Assessment and Awards Office on a Specified Purpose Contract.
Key Purpose of the Job:
The role requires commitment to providing a high quality service to the student body. The role of the Academic Administrator is to facilitate the successful provision of a positive student experience across all college programmes. The Academic Administrator provides administrative support through the full life cycle of students, i.e. from orientation at the start to graduation at the end.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Academic Administrator will have responsibility for a combination of the duties outlined below. The post-holder will
- Be aware of all quality assurance policies, especially in relation to procedures for the management of students and assuring the quality of student support as well as academic regulations and standards.
- Keep accurate student records in line with data protection policies and college housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Attend relevant meetings and record minutes when required.
- Liaise with the Registrar and QA Officer on regulatory matters relating to academic administration.
- Support the Assessments and Awards Manager in the creation and population of Learner Entry files for QQI, Teaching Council and other data requests from external bodies.
- Assist the Assessment and Awards Manager in creation of Exam Broadsheets Diploma Supplements, Transcripts of Results and Statements of Achievements
- Undertake administrative tasks related to the maintenance of student assessment records in a secure and confidential manner. Such tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Securely storing and maintaining final module and stage assessment and examination grades in the student record system.
- Managing assessment information in the appropriate College databases/systems.
- Assisting in the preparation of certificates and transcripts.
- Assisting with onsite examinations.
- Assisting in the return of final results to the relevant professional regulatory statutory bodies.
- Assisting in the issuing of correspondence to External Examiners.
- Ensuring the Quercus SIS is maintained as the primary source of student information.
- Running Reports
- Assisting with associated disciplinary hearings and Appeals meetings
- Take minutes and undertake general correspondence with students and staff.
- Perform any other reasonable duty associated to the role assigned by the Assessment and Awards Manager.
- Assisting past students with duplicate copies of Transcripts of Results, Confirmation of Programme completion and correspondence.
- Assisting with the preparation for graduation ceremony.
- Liaising with finance team regarding students’ supplemental fees
Key Job Requirements:
- Relevant third level qualification
- Experience in a similar role in education
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise their work and to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail a must
- Ability to work on their own and also within a team
- Clear evidence of self-motivation, with an ability to work under pressure as part of a constantly changing working environment
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and student-oriented approach to work
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office in particular Excel
- Familiarity with basic programme requirements in accordance with validation
- Proven track record of working effectively within a regulatory framework
- Competency in written and spoken Irish
To apply, please e mail a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 10th April 2019