Assessments & Awards Manager
Hibernia College is Ireland’s’ only QQI accredited online college. We specialise in postgraduate and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes for students and professionals across the glove. Our mission is to make a significant contribution to the development and access to innovative education. We seek to recruit an Assessment and Awards Manager on a Specified Purpose Contract
Key Purpose of the Job
The Registrar’s Department is a busy and demanding function with a strong commitment to providing a high-quality service to all our students.
The role of the Assessments & Awards Manager is to work closely with the Registrar and the Directors of Programmes to manage the administration of assessments and student certification.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Secure and confidential management of student results from a macro level for the College
· Ensure the implementation of Hibernia College’s quality assurance in respect of programme approval, programme assessment, student certification (transcripts, European Diploma Supplement, degree parchments, etc.), assessment appeals, deferral requests, academic impropriety, failing/struggling students, extenuating circumstances requests, reasonable accommodation in assessment requests, etc.
· Liaise with the Registrar on all non-standard student assessment issues
· First point of contact for staff on all College assessment related queries
· Work closely with Programme Managers and Directors of Programmes in programme and assessment planning
· Manage the student information system elements relating to assessment, with high levels of accuracy and confidentiality
· Develop and control module and programme marksheets in Excel and their integration with student information system
· Communicate information to staff and students on assessment scheduling
· Manage convening of Boards of Examiners
· Coordinate the appointment of external examiners in liaison with programme directors, the registrar and the Academic Board
· Design and provide training and guidance to staff and examiners (internal and external) in matters pertaining to assessment and the assessment process
· Ensure the release of results and assessment tasks to students in the online environment.
· Liaise with the Resource Officer on all matters relating to onsite examinations and assessments
· Liaise with Quality and Qualifications Ireland, The Teaching Council, The Department of Education and Skills and all other relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
· Support Programme Directors and the Student Support Officer in addressing student issues including.
· Participate in various boards and committees ensuring the consistent application of academic regulations
· Make presentations to students and staff on assessment issues where required
· Assist in planning for new programmes or updates to current programmes in conjunction with Registrar where required
· Identifying procedures to enhance the student experience and continually improve the academic provision
· Lead responsibility for the management of the SIS in relation to assessment and awards
· Monitor and review the implementation of administrative policy and procedure around assessment
· Prepare written reports for presentation to the Academic Board, Programme Boards, or other bodies of the College
· Provide assistance to the Registrar where necessary
· Other such duties relevant to the role
Key Job Requirements
Relevant NFQ Level 8 qualification
Experience in a similar role in higher education having familiarity with and competence in application of academic regulations relating to assessment
A knowledge of the concepts underpinning Marks and Standards for degree programmes
High level of Excel skills, with excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and to meet strict deadlines
People management experience and high level of competence
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Ability to work under pressure, with significant time constraints
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to work on their own and also within a team
Clear evidence of self-motivation, with an ability to work under pressure as part of a constantly changing working environment
Pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible and student-oriented approach to work
Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
Professional and efficient with an innate sense of discretion and confidentiality
To apply, please mail a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 21st March 2019