Hibernia College is Ireland’s only QQI accredited online college. We specialise in postgraduate and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes for students and professionals across the glove. Our mission is to make a significant contribution to the development and access to innovative education. We seek to recruit a Programme Administrator in our School of Education
Key Purpose of the Job
The role of providing academic administrative supports to students is a busy and demanding one. It requires commitment to providing a high quality service to the student body.
The role of the Programme Administrator is to facilitate the effective provision of a positive student experience across specific programmes. The Programme Administrator provides administrative support throughout the student life cycle.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Be aware of all quality assurance policies within the Quality Assurance Framework.
- Keep accurate student records as relevant to the role in line with data protection policies and college housekeeping procedures.
- Attend relevant meetings and record minutes when required.
- Ensure students are well supported throughout the programme.
- Assist with the organisation and registration of students at orientation days.
- Work closely with the relevant teams to ensure the smooth and successful running of the programme(s).
- Be first point of contact for (non-academic) student queries by phone and helpdesk.
- Direct students to appropriate policies, procedures or personnel.
- Update the student calendar in the virtual learning environment.
- Verify tutor invoices for payment as required.
- Communicate regularly with students and ensure students have clear guidelines and instructions through the lifecycle of the programme.
- Support the School Placement team in the administration of School Placement blocks.
- Work with the Student Services Officer in monitoring student attendance.
- Preparation and coordination of delivery of packs for onsite activities as relevant
- Provide support for assessment programme.
- Maintain module mark sheets in line with College policies.
- Process and coordinate moderation of Continuous Assessments.
- Work with the VLE Team and the Learning Technologist in the issuing of grades on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) for all Continuous Assessments.
- Liaise with tutors in relation to issue and return of continuous assessments, examinations, moderation and results.
- Process continuous assessment feedback and liaise with Head of Teaching Learning and Assessment/Lecturer/module lead with regards moderation.
- Securely store and maintain information relating to students in the student record system as appropriate.
- Assist with organisation of the graduation ceremony each year.
- Undertake any other duties required as determined by line manager.
Key Job Requirements
- Relevant third level qualification or diploma
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise their work and to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail a must
- Ability to work on their own and also within a team
- Clear evidence of self-motivation, with an ability to work under pressure as part of a constantly changing working environment
- Pro-active, enthusiastic and student-oriented approach to work
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office in particular Excel
- Competency in written and spoken Irish
- Proven track record of working effectively within a regulatory framework
To apply, please e mail a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 10th April 2019