Status: Permanent, Full Time
Key Purpose of Post
The Department of the Registrar is a busy and demanding work environment with dedicated staff members who are committed to providing a high quality service to the student body. The Records and Data Manager will require the post-holder to take a lead role in devising, communicating and implementing policies and procedures for the accurate and safe storage, management and appropriate interrogation of the student data held by the Hibernia College. This will require the post holder to work closely with the Registrar and other Heads of School or Department to ensure the successful, effective, secure and useful management of student records in all their dimensions across the College.
SUMMARY OF POST
- To develop, implement and maintain the processes and procedures which ensure completeness and accuracy of student record data across all College systems in consultation with the various heads of department and in accordance with national legislation, awarding body requirements, and internal audit requirements, with particular regard to Data Protection standards
- To contribute to the institutional research function of the Department of the Registrar working with the Quality Assurance Officer in collecting and analysing key information on the College and its students ensuring the preparation of timely data returns to external bodies and information reports to senior managers.
- To organise and supervise the work of any student records team members and ensure the College Information Service provides an efficient and effective service to internal and external stakeholders
Key Job Responsibilities
Records Management and Institutional Research:
- Work closely with the relevant managers to ensure the effective configuration of the student records and student information systems in accordance with good practices. Currently Hibernia College uses Quercus, InPlace, Moodle, Sharepoint, MS Office amongst other packages.
- Maintain and develop data verification procedures and ensure that rigorous checking processes are in place for learner records in all system
- Design and prepare various reports on student data from a range of IT systems
- In consultation with the relevant managers, including those in Finance, IT, Academic Departments, as appropriate on procedures and documentation for collecting and preparing source data prior to reception by the Student Records team and ensure the student record system is configured so that useful management information reports can be obtained in a timely manner
- Take lead responsibility for the management of the SIS in relation to the student record, from entry to graduation and the various stages in between ensuring that student and programme statuses are clear and comprehensive and all important student data is retained in a coherent and seamless repository
- Contribute to the development, monitoring and review of relevant quality assurance policies and procedures, taking lead responsibility in respect of certain policies
- Promote and ensure the consistent application of College policies and procedures within the College systems
- Provide guidance and training to staff on the use of the Student Record System/Student Information System in accordance with effective academic practice and the requirements of the College’s Awarding Bodies
- Develop and maintain logs of system changes relating to programme records and student records
- Work with the Quality Assurance Officer on the development of key areas of institutional research, standard reporting, KPIs and appropriate dissemination of findings
- Liaise with the Admissions Manager on procedures for the handling and filing of incoming source data documents such as registration forms, transcripts, Garda Vetting, Occupational Health, etc.
- Support, advise, guide and train College staff generally on student record data processes.
- Participate in College committees and working groups as required
- Design and provide training and guidance to all staff, including tutors, assessors (internal and external), etc. in matters pertaining to data protection, records management, privacy, etc.
- Act as key point of contact for government bodies and or professional bodies for the provision of student reports and student data related matters (e.g. HEA, QQI, DES, Teaching Council, NMBI as well as any international bodies with whom the College has a relationship)
- Present findings of institutional research, including KPIs, to management/students/faculty where required
- Work closely with College departments in respect of data changes and the dissemination of student data to third parties as required
- Provide guidance on data protection requirements and provide a supervisory function in respect of same
- Be responsible for providing and maintaining staff training resources on data protection on an annual basis or more frequently where required
- Be responsibility for training staff on requirements of College procedures regarding data protection and privacy
- Develop and maintain documentation outlining College policies and procedures regarding data on file.
- Develop and maintain a clear classification concerning data held by the College
- Develop Privacy Impact Assessment and undertake periodic reviews of same as required
- Work closely with College departments to ensure compliance with College and legal policy regarding data protection, including providing assistance on communication with students, seeking student feedback, generating statistical reports based on the data held by the College
- Provide first point of contact for all staff on all student records system from the point of view of the academic record and data protection
- Other such duties relevant to the role
Key Job Requirements
- Level 8 180 or 240 ECT qualification
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- In depth knowledge of typical degree awarding body assessment and standards requirements, registration requirements, entry requirements and how student data must be recorded
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to independently problem-solve, initiate projects, lead teams to devise and improve systems and processes with the ability to think outside the box
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office in particular Excel
- Professional and efficient with an innate sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Experience in a leadership role, with team lead experience
- Experience of working with academic staff for the management and coordination of assessment of multiple programmes at third level
- Familiarity with and competence in application of academic regulations
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work on one’s own and also within a team
- Clear evidence of self-motivation, with an ability to work under pressure as part of a constantly changing working environment
- Pro-active, enthusiastic, flexible and student-oriented approach to work
- Ability to represent Hibernia College at national forums and to government bodies
- A Master’s Degree
- Experience in a similar role in higher education
To apply for this position, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com