Hibernia College School of Education recruits forward-thinking, highly motivated and experienced educational professionals to a panel of occasional tutors.
The School of Education welcomes applicants to the panel to work on the Professional Master of Education (PME) programmes in Primary and in Post Primary Education.
Applicants are welcomed from all geographical regions.
Interviews are held as needed and your application may remain active for up to one year.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Master’s qualification or higher
- A minimum of 5 years’ teaching/educational experience
- Worked, or be working in a school/or educational setting within the last 3 years and be registered with the Teaching Council
- A proven track record in his/her area(s) of expertise
- Experience of working with adult learners
- Commitment to high quality teaching and learning in a student-centred environment
- Knowledge of contemporary developments in the field of education and a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, learning and assessment
- Experience with a national programme such as PDST is desirable
- Excellent IT, communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
Duties may include:
- Preparation and delivery of tutorials and lectures in an on-site and/or online environment (typically these occur on Saturdays, during school holidays and in the evenings)
- Monitoring discussion and assessment forums
- Grading and moderating assessments as required
- Completing all required training (online and onsite) that the College offers as part of ongoing faculty training