Hibernia College School of Education recruits forward-thinking, highly motivated and experienced educational professionals to a panel of school placement tutors.
The School of Education welcomes applicants to the panel to work on the Professional Master of Education (PME) programmes in Primary and in Post-Primary Education.
The role is suitable for recently retired teachers, for teachers with job-sharing arrangements (in certain circumstances), and for teachers with part-time teaching hours. The role is not suitable for teachers who are already working full-time.
Applicants are welcomed from all geographical regions.
Interviews are held as needed and your application may remain active for up to one year.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Master’s qualification or higher (an applicant who holds a Bachelor’s Degree, a postgraduate qualification(s) and relevant teaching experience may be deemed suitable for this position)
- A minimum of 8 years’ teaching experience in a primary or post-primary school in Ireland
- Worked, or be working in a primary school, post-primary school/or educational setting within the last 3 years and be registered with the Teaching Council
- Extensive experience of teaching and/or leadership in schools and a proven track record in his/her subject area(s)
- Excellent knowledge of the curriculum at primary/post-primary level
- Experience and well-developed skills in relation to supporting, mentoring and evaluating teachers’ professional practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills and the capacity to exercise discernment in the assessment of teaching and learning
Duties will include:
- Completing all required training (online and onsite) that the College offers as part of ongoing faculty training
- Liaising in a professional manner with school placement tutors, school principals, co-operating teachers, graduate student teachers and the school placement team at Hibernia College
- Regular contact with graduate student teachers during their school placements
- Monitoring graduate student teachers’ progress during their school placements
- Mentoring graduate student teachers during their school placements
- Providing constructive oral and written feedback to graduate student teachers
- Grading graduate student teachers as per Hibernia College Awards and Assessment procedures
- Travel will be a requirement. This would mainly be within your county but may also involve visiting surrounding counties