Hibernia College School of Education recruits forward-thinking, highly motivated and experienced educational professionals to a panel of school placement tutors.
The School of Education welcomes applicants to the panel to work on the Professional Master of Education (PME) programmes in Primary and in Post Primary Education.
The role is suitable for recently retired teachers, for teachers with job-sharing arrangements (in certain circumstances), and for teachers with part-time teaching hours. The role is not suitable for teachers who are already working full-time.
Applicants are welcomed from all geographical regions.
Interviews are held as needed and your application may remain active for up to one year.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Master’s qualification or higher (an applicant who holds a Bachelor’s Degree, a postgraduate qualification(s) and relevant teaching experience may be deemed suitable for this position)
- A minimum of 8 years’ teaching experience in a primary or post-primary school
- Worked, or be working in a primary school, post primary school/or educational setting within the last 3 years and be registered with the Teaching Council
- Extensive experience of teaching and/or leadership in schools and a proven track record in his/her subject area(s)
- Excellent knowledge of the curriculum at primary/post-primary level
- Experience and well-developed skills in relation to supporting, mentoring and evaluating teachers’ professional practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills and the capacity to exercise discernment in the assessment of teaching and learning
Duties may include:
- Completing all required training (online and onsite) that the College offers as part of ongoing faculty training
- Liaising in a professional manner with school placement tutors, school principals, co-operating teachers, graduate student teachers and the school placement team at Hibernia College
- Regular contact with graduate student teachers during their school placements
- Monitoring graduate student teachers’ progress during their school placements
- Mentoring graduate student teachers during their school placements
- Providing constructive oral and written feedback to graduate student teachers
- Grading graduate student teachers as per Hibernia College Awards and Assessment procedures