Hibernia College School of Education recruits forward-thinking, highly motivated and experienced educational professionals to a panel of occasional tutors.
The School of Education welcomes applicants to the panel to work on the Professional Master of Education (PME) programmes in Primary and in Post-Primary Education.
Applicants are welcomed from all geographical regions.
Interviews are held as needed and your application may remain active for up to one year.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Master’s qualification or higher (a PhD or near completion of a PhD is desirable)
- A proven track record in his/her subject area(s)
- Experience of working with student teachers at third level is desirable
- Experience of previous thesis supervision is desirable
- Commitment to high quality teaching and learning in a student-centred environment
- Knowledge of contemporary developments in the field of education and a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, learning and assessment
- Excellent IT, communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
Duties may include:
- Liaising with the Director of Research
- Regular contact with students throughout the process
- Receipt of student reports at key check points during the process
- Provision of e-mail and telephone support to students as they complete their research project
- Supporting students as they write their research project; this will include the correction of final draft
- Marking of student dissertations as per Hibernia College Awards and Assessment procedures
- Completing all required training (online and onsite) that the College offers as part of ongoing faculty training