Hibernia College School of Education recruits forward-thinking, highly motivated and experienced educational professionals to a panel of occasional tutors.
The School of Education welcomes applicants to the panel to work on the Professional Master of Education (PME) programmes in Primary and in Post Primary Education.
Applicants are welcomed from all geographical regions.
Interviews are held as needed and your application may remain active for up to one year.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Master’s qualification or higher (a Ph.D. or near completion of a Ph.D. is desirable)
- A proven track record in his/her subject area(s)
- Experience of working with student teachers at third level is desirable
- Experience of previous thesis supervision is desirable
- Commitment to high quality teaching and learning in a student-centred environment
- Knowledge of contemporary developments in the field of education and a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, learning and assessment
- Excellent IT, communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
Duties may include:
- Liaising with the Director of Research
- Regular contact with students throughout the process
- Receipt of student reports at key check points during the process
- Provision of e-mail and telephone support to students as they complete their research project
- Supporting students as they write their research project; this will include the correction of final draft
- Marking of student dissertations as per Hibernia College Awards and Assessment procedures
- Completing all required training (online and onsite) that the College offers as part of ongoing faculty training