Hibernia College School of Education recruits forward-thinking, highly motivated and experienced educational professionals to a panel of occasional tutors.
The School of Education welcomes applicants to the panel to work on the Professional Master of Education (PME) programmes in Primary and in Post-Primary Education.
Applicants are welcomed from all geographical regions.
Interviews are held as needed and your application may remain active for up to one year.
Successful applicants will have:
- A Master’s qualification or higher
- A minimum of 5 years’ teaching/educational experience
- Worked, or be working in a school/or educational setting within the last 3 years and be registered with the Teaching Council
- A proven track record in his/her area(s) of expertise
- Experience of working with adult learners
- Commitment to high quality teaching and learning in a student-centred environment
- Knowledge of contemporary developments in the field of education and a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, learning and assessment
- Experience with a national programme such as PDST is desirable
- Excellent IT, communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
Duties may include:
- Preparation and delivery of tutorials and lectures in an on-site and/or online environment (typically these occur on Saturdays, during school holidays and in the evenings)
- Monitoring discussion and assessment forums
- Grading and moderating assessments as required
- Completing all required training (online and onsite) that the College offers as part of ongoing faculty training