This website is operated by Hibernia College Unlimited Company (“HIBERNIA COLLEGE” or “we” or “us” or “our”) registered in Ireland under company number 328066 and having its registered office at Block B, Merrion Centre, Merrion Road, Dublin 4, Ireland.
As of November 2018
We are an accredited online third-level institution and an established leader in pioneering new education technologies and embracing change in the ever-evolving world of education.
These Terms and Conditions of Use (the “Terms and Conditions”) (together with the documents referred to in it) set out the terms and conditions on which you may make use of our websites, www.hiberniacollege.com and/or www.hiberniacollege.net and/or www.myhelms.com (together, “our sites” or “the sites” or individually, “our site” or “the site”), whether as a guest, registered student or other registered user. Use of our sites includes accessing, browsing or registering to use our sites.
BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
The Terms and Conditions create a binding contract between HIBERNIA COLLEGE and you, the user of this site. They contain important information about your rights and responsibilities when you use our site and the limitation of our liability. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this site.
By using our site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, do not use this site.
We may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these Terms and Conditions to ensure you understand the Terms and Conditions that apply at that time.
If you have any questions or comments about this site and/or these Terms and Conditions, we invite you to call our offices on 00 353 (0)1 661 0168 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRIVACY AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When you use or register to use our sites we will collect and process certain information about you. This may include personal information you submit to us when filling in forms on this site or by corresponding with us or when you apply for or undertake any educational programme, assessment, placement or other programme with us.
OTHER TERMS OR POLICIES THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
If you apply, register for or undertake any educational programme, assessment, placement or other programme with us, additional academic, student or other HIBERNIA COLLEGE policies, rules and/or regulations will apply, and be notified, to you.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND THE MATERIAL ON THIS SITE UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- You agree and warrant that all information you provide to HIBERNIA COLLEGE through this site, including but not limited to any contact information and other registration information for your course, is truthful and accurate. You further agree to maintain the accuracy of your information and to inform HIBERNIA COLLEGE promptly of any changes to your information.
- You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and password. You agree not to disclose your account password to others.
- You acknowledge that your use of the site is at HIBERNIA COLLEGE’s discretion, and your authorisation to use the site may be suspended or terminated by HIBERNIA COLLEGE at any time. HIBERNIA COLLEGE reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse service, to terminate any user’s profile and/or to terminate courses at any time.
- HIBERNIA COLLEGE further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to arrange or modify at any time the course activities for different user groups for the purpose of academic research. These modifications should not significantly affect your learning experience. Such research will be reported anonymously at the aggregate level and poses no threat to your privacy.
- This site and all text, files, trademarks, images, videos or other recordings, graphics, materials and other content displayed on or downloadable from the site are the property of HIBERNIA COLLEGE and is licensors and is protected by the copyright laws of the Republic of Ireland and other international copyright laws and treaties. The compilation of all the content on this site is also protected by such copyright laws and treaties. No such material from the site may be used, reproduced, distributed, modified or publicly displayed or performed without the prior written permission of the owner of such material.
- HIBERNIA COLLEGE reserves the right to modify, suspend, withdraw or discontinue any or all aspects of this site at any time without notice.
- HIBERNIA COLLEGE, and all related product and service names and logos, design marks, slogans and trade dress are trademarks or service marks of HIBERNIA COLLEGE. Other marks displayed on this site are the property of their respective owners. HIBERNIA COLLEGE trademarks and other graphics, logos and slogans may not be used without prior written permission from HIBERNIA COLLEGE.
- Subject to your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, HIBERNIA COLLEGE grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable and revocable personal licence to access and use this site. This licence does not include the right to modify, reproduce, copy or resell any of the content of this site; to download or copy any user’s account information for the benefit of another party; to bypass any technical measures used to prevent or restrict access to any portion of this site; to use any data mining, robots or similar automated data gathering and extraction tools to access this site; to violate or attempt to violate the security of this site, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this site. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with the terms and conditions contained herein. Any unauthorised use of our site or any of the materials contained therein immediately terminates this limited licence.
- This site may contain links to websites that are not owned, operated or controlled by HIBERNIA COLLEGE. All such links are provided as a convenience, and do not in any way constitute HIBERNIA COLLEGE’s endorsement or recommendation of the linked website or the person(s) associated therewith. HIBERNIA COLLEGE is not responsible for any content of any third party websites, and makes no representations regarding the content or accuracy of material on such sites. If you decide to access any linked websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- In the event that you have any problem with this site or any content contained thereon, you agree that your sole remedy is to cease using this site.
- All content and information described or depicted on this site are subject to change at any time without notice.
- After registering for a course, you may receive an e-mail acknowledgement of that registration from HIBERNIA COLLEGE. HIBERNIA COLLEGE may also require additional information or verifications before processing certain course profiles or applications.
- All comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas and other submissions of any kind disclosed or submitted to HIBERNIA COLLEGE on or through our sites or any platform or e-mail address associated with our sites (collectively, “User Submissions”) shall be and remain the property of HIBERNIA COLLEGE. Your disclosure or submission of User Submissions shall constitute an assignment to HIBERNIA COLLEGE of all worldwide right, title and interest in any to all copyright and other intellectual property rights in and to the User Submissions. You further represent and warrant that any User Submissions you make to HIBERNIA COLLEGE will not contain defamatory or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material; will not contain software viruses, malware or other harmful devices, and will not be part of any mass mailing or other form of spam.
- BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. HIBERNIA COLLEGE DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS OR E-MAILS SENT BY OR ON BEHALF OF HIBERNIA COLLEGE ARE FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, WORMS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. FURTHER, HIBERNIA COLLEGE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED AND ERROR-FREE OPERATION OF THIS SITE, NOR THAT ALL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND HIBERNIA COLLEGE WILL BE SECURE FROM ACCESS OR INTERFERENCE BY THIRD PARTIES. ALTHOUGH HIBERNIA COLLEGE MAKES REASONABLE EFFORTS TO UPDATE THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE, HIBERNIA COLLEGE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR UP-TO-DATE.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HIBERNIA COLLEGE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF HIBERNIA COLLEGE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, HIBERNIA COLLEGE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER, TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT, OR OTHER PROPERTY OR ANY LOSS OF OR UNAUTHORISED USE OF DATA CAUSED BY OR ARISING FROM YOU ACCESSING OR USING THIS SITE, OR FROM DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS FROM THIS SITE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF A THIRD PARTY’S UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED ON HIBERNIA COLLEGE’S COMPUTERS AND/OR SERVERS.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our sites by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our sites, the server on which any of our sites are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our sites or any of them. You must not attack our sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack or by committing or attempting to commit any criminal offence. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our sites will cease immediately.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless HIBERNIA COLLEGE from and against any claim, demand, damages, cost and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, arising from or related to your use of this site and/or any failure by you to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- This site is created and maintained by or for HIBERNIA COLLEGE in the Republic of Ireland.
- You agree that the laws of the Republic of Ireland will govern these Terms and Conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Any action or proceeding arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or your use of this site must be brought in the courts located in Dublin, Ireland, and you hereby consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts.
- These Terms and Conditions (and all documents referred to in it) represent the entire understanding between us regarding your use of our sites, and supersedes all other agreements, express or implied, between us regarding your use of our sites. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall be enforced to the extent possible, and the offending provision shall be treated as though not a part of these Terms and Conditions. HIBERNIA COLLEGE’s failure to act with respect to a breach of these Terms and Conditions by you or others does not constitute a waiver of its rights with respect to that breach or any subsequent breach, nor shall it constitute a waiver of any other rights under these Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or comments about this site and/or these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at 00 353(0) 661 0168 or email@example.com.